Mar 14, 2009

cranky on the ruins


So you might ask how someone who has now been on holiday since mid-February could possibly have a bad day?

I think it's being tired , as I was up at 6:30 am to go visit the Mayan ruins this morning. Lately it's been hard to fall asleep. I notice that when I'm tired, I am cranky and often teary. Sometimes it is easy to mistake it for depression, but it usually resolves with a good nap.

My fatigue was in full force. It takes a surprising amount of energy to spend a day touring. My husband really deserves a travel companion who has his energy and stamina.

Does anyone else feel like a sad, petulant three year old when they are short of sleep?


4 comments:

  1. I am unbearable to be around when I'm lacking sleep. Cranky would be an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you really don't want to be around me when I'm sleep-deprived, trust me.

    Holidays can be exhausting, you know! So, it's entirely possible to have a bad day in such a beautiful locale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh. I am a completely different person when I am sleep deprived. I am a psychotic bitch. Ask my husband. He'll back me up. (This is, incidentally, why I am so worried about residency, and why I can never be a surgeon... but I digress.)

    And I will say, YES. It's completely normal to be totally wiped out after three hours of touring. Happens all the time to me at least. I hope it's normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am outright nasty, and even nasty to myself with lack of sleep!

    ReplyDelete