Feb 2, 2012

My dog has hives

My dear sensitive dog is covered in hives. The poor little guy. He was up all night scratching.

I have no idea what he got into, but I suspect it happened during our walk last night (as he was fine before that).

This morning I gave him Benadryl, coated him in 1% Cortisone cream & spritzed him in Benadryl spray. I'm holding off on oral steroids, mostly because I am stretched to pay for another vet visit (all three of them have needed treatment in the past month) unless I'm sure I can't control the hives myself.

This afternoon we are going to try an oatmeal bath.

I'm open to any suggestions if my dog-owning friends want to chime in.

Update:  His hives were worse today, so I ended up taking him to the vet. He was given a shot of steroids and is now resting comfortably. Still no idea what triggered this allergy attack.

1 comment:

  1. Cosmetic Acupuncture is an effective non surgical treatment to reduce the signs of aging. Acupuncture is performed on the face and body to increase local circulation, stimulate collagen and elastin, which helps to fill out lines and give firmness to the skin for a healthy glowing complexion. Cosmetic Acupuncture is an all natural procedure without danger of side effects such as swelling, scarring, or a lengthy recovery time.

    Dr. name: Dr. Kathleen Rosenblatt
    Email: DrKathleen90077@gmail.com
    Visit the website for more information- www.brainbodybliss.com
    Acupuncture and massage:
    eliminate fine lines
    lessen deep wrinkles
    firm sagging skin
    lift droopy eyes
    improve skin tone
    tighten pores
    increase collagen production
    eliminate puffiness
    reduce double chins
    promote overall health
    slow down the aging process

    ReplyDelete