Dec 2, 2010

a plea to my doctors

I am trying my best to get to the bottom of my symptoms, but I can't do it myself. I need you. I'm pleading with you:
  • Please help me find out what's wrong with me. I miss being able to work, study and rock climb. I miss going out with friends for dinner and drinks on Friday nights. I miss my old life. Something happened between then and now - help me find out what happened.
  • Please don't tell me that I need to learn to live with my symptoms. I am doing my best to cope, but until you can tell me what's wrong with me, I don't want to believe I will feel this way forever.
  • Please don't get annoyed that I ask for copies of my lab reports and ask you questions about flagged lab values. I am a curious person, desperate to find an answer. To you these questions are an annoyance, for me - this is my life slipping away.
  • Please don't patronize me. If you have something to say, please say it to me in person - not in your follow up report to my PCP.
I need you more than you can know. Please don't give up on me.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry they've treated you so poorly :-( Keep bugging them!

    ((hugz))
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete