It sounds so simple, and yet the difference between how I'm feeling today vs. how I've been feeling for the past few years is so radical that it defies description.
What does a well person do that an ill person can't?
- decide to walk the dogs, come home and realize the cat could use a walk too!
- travel to Amsterdam, come home, have a miserable cold followed by a sinus infection and still have enough energy to cook a meal, go for a walk, study...
- plan two trips in the next month and have some vague confidence that they will actually work out.
- start working on literature review for comprehensive examinations
- wake up and get out of bed, every single day!!
- go for a walk and burst into a light run (only for a minute, but it felt SO GOOD).
I wish I knew what triggered my recovery. Here are my top theories:
- Gluten-free diet (followed strictly since mid-January)
- Longer days with more sun exposure (valid perhaps, but happens every year without this kind of impact)
- Husband finishing thesis?
- Illness spontaneously in remission?
Whatever is responsible, I cannot begin to describe the joy that comes with feeling 'normal' again. Trust me, normal does not equal boring!