Apr 16, 2011

Holiday


After our whirlwind month of March (DH successfully defended his thesis), I accompanied my brilliant husband on a short trip to Holland, where he was launching his new book.

What an amazing trip. I spent my days wandering the streets and canals, taking pictures and sipping cappuccino at sidewalk cafes.

Being gluten free in Holland is surprisingly easy, the hotel concierge called ahead to book reservations and ensured that there would be GF options available. One restaurant even baked me a little gluten-free cake with a chocolate centre. Delicious!!

I am savouring my health...enjoying every day that I can be out in the world exploring, not locked away in a hotel room sleeping.

From here, my advisor's comments sting less and I feel more alive. What more could I ask for?


4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are savouring your health and that you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks WC! It was a such a treat to travel and be able to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really marvelous! Congrats to Dr. Hubby, and best to you both as you continue to savor good health, good company, and good times!
    Cheers to you,
    Headstrong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing! I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete